Monday, November 25, 2013

A knitter without a yarn ball winder or a yarn swift

Although I've been knitting for some time now , I had never had a yarn swift , not to mention a yarn winder. So last week-end I decided to take matters into my own hands . After a thorough documentation on other posts , tutorials and pictures , I decided to start the yarn swift (it was less work than for the yarn winder) Thankfully I still had some wood in the garage left overs form previous projects so I managed to make myself a basic yarn swift , nothing fancy , but very practical and useful. Here it is.

I hope I get around to paint it one day. Since now I have a basic functional yarn swift, this week-end I think I will tackle the Yarn Ball Winder. I'll post what came out of it soon.

1 comments:

  1. How to buy this tool? Your sooner reply is my appreciate. my mail address is ft021213@gmail.com Thanks Ivy Lee

    ReplyDelete